DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY
Whitcomb Trucking Inc. is currently seeking an experienced accounting professional to come join our team at our Valparaiso, Indiana location. In this exciting opportunity you will be responsible for providing hands-on accounting leadership for general accounting functions including month-end close duties, filling payroll taxes, monthly forecasting, annual budgeting, analyzing accounts and developing various reports. This is the perfect position for someone who is looking to take the next step in his or her career.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Work with the owner/management team to monitor actual spending versus the monthly forecast and annual budget
· Filling Payroll taxes and reports and annual audits
· Support internal and external audits and other outside reviews
· Develop, maintain and improve reporting of key metrics and financial reports for the management team
· Lead and/or support special projects as needed
· Additional duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred or 3 - 5 years of experience in a similar roll
· Experience in a high volume AP and AR environment
· 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience in Accounting or related field
· CPA certification preferred but not a necessity
· Ability to identify weaknesses or gaps in processes and develop, implement and monitor solutions
· Strong problem solving skills and analytical skills
· Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks Pro and Microsoft Office - Mainly Excel
· Good Communication skills, both written and speaking
· Quick Books experience is a plus
· Good Team Player
RELATED SEARCH TERMS: Controller, Accountant, Accounting, Finance, Financial Officer, Treasurer, Financial Director, Director of Finance, Book Keeper, Valparaiso, Indiana,
Whitcomb Trucking Inc. has been in business over 35 years. Founded by Gary Whitcomb, President, Cindy Whitcomb, Vice President, and Aaron Whitcomb General Manager has grown to over 34 trucks. Whitcomb Trucking Inc. is one of the largest and most Capable Rail Transload and Dump Truck motor carrier in North West Indiana.
Our experienced and professional drivers and staff have the knowledge and capabilities to provide the highest level of services to our customers. We also provide an exceptional work environment for our drivers and staff. We believe ‘The Best Service and People Make the Difference!‘.
Building on our solid foundation and years of experience we have continued to enhance our competitive advantage through the formation of strategic business partnerships with leaders in the industry and reinventing our business practices through the implementation of advanced technologies and processes. With a wide diversity of service capabilities we are positioned to supply the right equipment, at the right time, at the right place – anywhere in North West Indiana. Please feel free to contact us to discuss your current or future business.